Friday, February 29, 2008

I've diagnosed myself and have decided that I have a cold. If I'm remembering life before treatment correctly, this is what it feels like. Chris suggested that I let my transplant team know just so that they're in the loop, so I emailed them and thought that would be the end of that. I got a call this morning from my new PA (Toby, I will sincerely miss you), with questions about my symptoms. She expressed concern that it might be a flare up of the flu--the fates couldn't be so unkind--and wanted to discuss her concerns with my transplant doctor. They decided to call in a prescription for Z-pack and I'm to start it immediately. I'm sure this weekend's blog will be titled "Tummy trouble" as a result.

I am supremely happy to report that nothing else of consequence appears to be happening in my life, unless you count the minor kitchen accident I had the other day. It involved a slippery pear and a vegetable peeler. I managed to cut off part of my thumb nail above the matrix and it looks gnarly. I'm also experiencing a major flare up of GvHD from head to toe, but that's par for the course

I'm off to pick up my prescriptions. Let's hope the pharmacy has had enough time to fill them.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey Girl, What in the heck are you doing? No kitchen mishaps!!! I'm sorry your GVHD has flared up and also, I'm hoping you don't have the flu again. I think I like it better when there is no news... nothing to write about... boring.... All these little flare-ups and mishaps are no fun. Stay in and take care!!! love, n

Susan Carrier said...

Thank God for your stunt-baby platelets!

I hope your symptoms are nothing more than a common cold.

Love, S

someonewhocares said...

Thinking of you and praying for you and Chris!

God Bless you...:)