Friday, February 22, 2008

I had a hard time sleeping last night because I was suffering from a heinous case of "shouldn't have done that." Chris started feeling under the weather yesterday and whenever this happens there's a major dilemna about what's for dinner. I'm happy to graze on whatever, but he feels that it's his sworn duty to be sure that I eat something balanced. He's right, of course, but I'm pretty sure a cheese sandwich and a banana constitutes a balanced meal. He, however, does not.

Since his throat was hurting, I suggested an ice cream run which perked him up considerably. I'm still gun shy about public outings after the whole flu incident, so we agreed on drive thru. He got soft serve and *gasp* I got my first fastfood hamburger in over a year. What was I thinking? I wasn't and that was the whole problem. Here's my rationale: I've been off Prograf for over a month and I've managed to survive the flu. Add to that, Chris wasn't feeling like himself and I was able to sneak it in.

It was horrible! I microwaved it for a full minute just to be sure that most microbes would die and I stripped it of all vegetation. Gag. Why do people feed these things to their children? What are we thinking? I made myself eat half of it since I was feeling guilty about actually ordering it. It sat like a boulder in my stomach for the rest of the night. My little digestive system was definitely not up to the challenge and I suffered for my own stupidity for the rest of the night.

Lesson learned. Fast food is bad. To put this in perspective, I was eating quinoa the night before. Superfoods generally grace my plate and I make an effort to eat a lot of vegetables. It's the whole cancer thing.

So there you have it. I have confessed and feel better for it. Chris is smirking.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Ann, I feel bad for you. Man, you just can't have any fun. The second you go without the mask, you get the flu. You try and sneak in a burger.. and you have major regrets. I'm sorry....Can't a girl have some fun??? Guess not. I remember being scared
*&3^%less to eat stuff, especially take out. My boys are always pounding burgers, fries, tacos, etc... It always looked and smelled so good, but until I was about a year post-transplant, I opted for Progresso Soup when all else failed. I guess it served me well, but I felt so stifled... Again, I'm sorry you can't get away with anything! (BTW, love the Cerave!)
love, n

Susan Carrier said...

OK - That settles it. We have to get you out to So Cal to sample some of the best Vietnamese food outside of Saigon.