Thursday, February 14, 2008

10 minutes. That's all it took today to get my injection. What a relief! I've been getting a little bone pain in the usual places--femur, hip, and my knuckles have been aching on and off. I'm also experiencing some really crazy foot cramps. I don't think that has anything to do with the neupogen. I've gotten cramps on and off since I first started chemo and I know of several other transplant patients who have the same problem. I've been told that it can sometimes mean a deficiency in magnesium. I suppose that's pretty likely since once you've received chemo, your body develops difficulties maintaining certain minerals and vitamins. So, take your magnesium and folic acid. It's essential for your bones and cognitive ability.

I've been waking myself up at night coughing my brains out, so I'm not getting the kind of rest that I could wish for. My temperature was 99.1 this morning, and I'm feeling a lot more like myself. I still feel like I could benefit from a nap, but that's par for the course for me whenever I'm recovering from a bug. That's if I'm remembering life before leukemia correctly.

No appointments tomorrow as far as I know. Chris has a job interview later and that's all that's on the agenda for the rest of the day. I'm off to have a nap and benefit from the recuperative power of doing absolutely nothing. ;)

3 comments:

Carilou said...

And to think last week you were complaining of being bored! Your life is like a network show before the Writers' Strike.

Anonymous said...

Ann, Can you transfer to another Oncologist?

Nancy said...

Happy Valentine's Day. Glad you are feeling better Ann and also glad that the puppy made it home. Just stay quiet and rest.

Oh my gosh, I still get, what you appropriately call, CRAZY FOOT CRAMPS. They are not in the usual muscles(calf e.g.) they are in the ankle, toes, top of the foot, up the outside of the lower leg where I didn't know muscles existed... They are strange and painful. (I think I got a partial muscle tear from these cramps many months ago... it's just starting to feel a little better..) I'm sure you are right about the cramps being from low magnesium. Okay, that's it for now. Take Care Ann. love, n