Thursday, December 6, 2007

Day +191

WBC: 5.0 k/uL
RBC: 3.82 M/uL
PLT: 384 K/uL
HGB: 12.1 g/dL
ANC: 3.7 k/uL

And there you have it, I'm normal. My red blood cells are still just below normal, but my hemoglobin is great. No complaints here.

Dr. Bienvenu immediately honed in on my little skin problem today. The good news is that he doesn't believe that I have shingles. He assured me that my blisters and rash don't look "right" for the diagnosis. He was also kind enough to prescribe something for the itching. Last night I thought that I was going to peel my own skin off. Patches of small blisters appeared on the backs of both hands and they were relentlessly itchy, even after applying cortizone cream. Before I went to bed I took a pill for nausea that contained benadryl. I just wanted some relief from all of the itching.

There's not much else to report. I'll continue to take the massive doses of anti-virals until I see my doctors next week. I'm looking forward to seeing the dermatologist. Pray for a concrete diagnosis. I'm convinced that I have a mild case of GVHD of the skin, but I have to convince the doctors of this.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Ann & Chris. Your numbers continue to be remarkable. I wish there were some way to motivate my new stem cells to behave like yours. I'm sorry you are suffering with this skin condition. I'm sure the doctors will figure it out soon and offer some relief. Take Care. love, nance

Susan Carrier said...

One word - WOW! Your baby stem cells did it!