Day +35 (Day 173)
If you've been following the blog, you know that we have to move since we're only able to stay at the charity owned apartment for six months. Chris managed to secure an apartment down the street at a different complex on short notice and everything seemed to be in place. A few days ago we got a call from our current landlord who had managed to find us another apartment with a different charity. (This was extremely nice of her, since she didn't have to do it). This ratcheted up our time frame and we were caught a little off guard. Chris had to cancel the lease at the first apartment and return most of the furniture that he'd bought to furnish it.
The new apartment that we'll be moving to is actually in the same complex that we're in now. I got a chance to see it for the first time today. It's the exact same layout, but just a little bit smaller. The one thing that we noticed was that the air vents were covered in a gray-black powder. Because of my immune system, I can't get up close and personal with lots of dust or any type of mold. It's because we're afraid of an infection settling in my lungs. Chris checked the air filter, and it hadn't been changed in eons. So, just to be safe, he's having the ducts cleaned before I move in. I don't know how much this will help, but it's something.
I'm having a problem with shortness of breath today, which points to low hemoglobin. We're planning on a long day tomorrow, since blood takes forever. My platelets should be low, too, so I should get a few units of that, too. I'll kick off the day in the diagnostic center getting blood drawn, then I'm off to physical therapy for half an hour. After that, it's IV central.
Good news, our friend Nancy is at 100 percent engraftment. Hooray!
Other than that, I don't have anything else to report.
1 comment:
Thank you Ann and Chris for celebrating my engraftment. I feel like we're on this journey together. I'm pulling for you each and every day. Yes, you are smart to have the ducts cleaned and the filter changed. You've come too far and it's not worth the risk. Keep up the good work and take care. Hope your clinic day isn't too terribly long tomorrow. love, Nancy
Post a Comment