Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Grrrr

Day +287

I'm back to living in my gilded cage, hiding behind a surgical mask and washing my hands every few minutes. Hooray! My temperature is normal for me and even though I hate taking my temperature every few hours--it smacks of cancer treatment--I do it because I love Chris and hate for him to fret. Dr. Kebriaei called this morning and she's siding with my local oncologist as far as my counts go. It's just going to be a wait and see campaign. Fine by me, but I don't know if Chris will be able to survive the suspense. I have appointments at MDA next week, so the wait won't be all that long.

On a lighter note, I spotted Minnie the hit-and-run puppie out with her owner the other day. She's still wearing her sassy pink cast and I'm supremely happy to report that she's gained weight and can now be comfortably called a "chubby puppy".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you have learned something about your husband thru all of this, that he is an alarmist. Get him on an anti-anxiety so he can deal with things more appropriately and stop overreacting. Those of us in the medical field hate family like him. In the meantime, take off the mask, follow what your DOCTORS are telling you and enjoy your life, Ann.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention, that Chris is inciting hysteria. Please, for your own sake and that of your clinician's get him on something to control his anxiety so that you aren't living in a state of anxiety at every flucuation. Listen to your doctors, not your husband.

Susan Carrier said...

Chris may err on the side of caution at times, but I for one wouldn't mind having him in my court.

And God help us if we start caring too much about what the "medical field" thinks about us.

Anonymous said...

Doctors too put on their pants one leg at a time. A strong patient advocate at your side (like your husband) is one of the strongest indicators of succesful outcome. All of us have read too many well documented cases of mistakes being made, stuff falling between the cracks. Ann, you and your husaband have more "skin" in this game than any person in the "medical field". You would be foolish not to watch out for things that may go bump in the night.

I have been following your blog since my husband is just about to start his double cord mini-allo transplant in the next couple of days. I expect I too would not be too popular with the medical person who left the previous note.

Best wishes to you both.

Susan Carrier said...

PS I'm happy to hear the good news about Minnie.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Definitely wouldn't want him/her as my doctor. What an awful bedside manner!

And forget about having that same person as a family member. I would prefer someone like Chris, wanting to do everything possible in order to ensure my optimal health. You do those things out of love, not because you're an alarmist or because you want to incite hysteria.