Saturday, May 3, 2014

What's new

Last week, my neck started to feel sore on one side. Of course it was the side that presented with swollen lymph nodes before each diagnosis of blood cancer. I didn't feel sick. I wasn't running fever. Besides my normal daily issue with allergies, and adrenal insufficiency not withstanding, I felt ok. When I pressed on my neck, I could feel a swollen lymph node.

I called my local oncologist that morning. He saw me the same day. Dr. B. confirmed that I had swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck. The difference between this visit and my very first encounter with Dr. B. was that this set of swollen lymph nodes were tender and my blood work was in line with my blood work from 2 weeks earlier.

After a thorough examination, he told me that my throat was red on the same side as the tender lymph nodes. He prescribed a 10 day course of antibiotics. I'm on day 5 and the lymph nodes are smaller. I have a follow-up appointment next week.

3 comments:

Ronni Gordon said...

Nothing like a good old normal sore throat.

Nancy said...

I second Ronni's comment. Feel Better Soon Ann.

Thandi said...

Get well soon!