I am resetting the clock back from what ever it was post the last BMT, back to zero.
Here is what I know:
1) The cancer in Ann's neck did not come from her tonsil.
2) The cancer in Ann's neck blew holes in several of her lymph nodes.
3) The cancer in Ann's neck had grown to a large matted clump that encased several of her nodes on the right side of her neck.
4) The cancer in Ann's neck covered and area from the midline of her chin to behind her right ear.
5) The surgery team nearly aborted the procedure when they were confronted with this.
6) The cancer in Ann's neck did not show up on her PET scan.
7) The cancer in Ann's neck is the same group of tumor cells that was cut off of her tongue over a year ago.
8) The procedure was supposed to be 2.5 hours long, but the surgical team needed twice that long to debride the tumor.
9) Ann lost some muscle in her neck and part of her jugular vein.
11) This situation is a whole lot more serious and we ever imagined.
Prognosis is about 20% or less. Treatment plan is radiation and chemo with scans very 2 months.
I promised I would never leave her and I won't. Not ever. But I don't know what to do.