Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Long weekend

My 91 year old grandmother had a medical scare a few weeks ago and ended up in the hospital for a few days. I haven't seen her since having been diagnosed with leukemia close to four years ago. She speaks very limited English and the few Vietnamese words I know either involve eating or cursing, but we muddle along.

I got clearance from my doctor to fly out for a visit. We'll only be there for the weekend since Chris needs to get back to work.

Family is a part of my life that is complex and convoluted. Sure, you say, you and everyone else. I know that I'm not alone in this. I only mention it because even now I'm having difficulty writing about the trip. I'll post pictures when we get back, but as for a recap of the visit, I can't make any promises.

2 comments:

lisa adams said...

Wishing you and Chris safe travels. Your smile is understood in any language.

PJ said...

Have a great trip! We're driving to Canada Sunday for our first family vacation in years. I'll call when we get back.