Friday, July 31, 2009

She did it again


Today, instead of cleaning the house like I should have, I baked cookies. Five dozen cookies. Double chocolate, chocolate chip. This is the first time that I have baked these cookies since I was diagnosed with Leukemia almost three years ago. After I ate a handful, I decided that it's going to be a while before I bake them again. Chocolate overload. Chris complained of suffering from a debilitating sugar high. I love these cookies, I really do and that's reason enough to ban them for at least six months.

In other news, Akiko had another explosive episode Tuesday night. Chris was asleep and I was up tooling around on the computer when Akiko raced into the bedroom like her tail was on fire. I recognized the behavior from the last time she lost control of her bowels and woke Chris up. He managed to grab her and cordon her off in the guest bathroom with a litter pan and some food and water.

Unfortunately, Akiko managed to have incidents in all but one room in the house. Wednesday morning, I dropped her off at the vet's for more testing and treatment. She's doing fine and may be able to come back home tomorrow. The parasite screening didn't find flukes, but did find tapeworms, which she's been treated for three times before. I'm not very certain of the degree of accuracy of the test since the flukes were missed the first time and she's been displaying signs that she still has them. I won't go into the gory details, but I will insist that the vet runs another screen to be sure that the alaria is finally gone.

We've only had her for five weeks and she's spent about half that time boarded at the vet's office. My fingers are crossed that all of her infections get cleared up and she can just be a happy little kitty for some time to come.

I have an appointment with my local oncologist next week. I'm really hoping that my liver numbers are closer to normal and that the prograf gets reduced. If the LFT's continue to rise I'll probably have to have another liver biopsy and I'd rather not. It's just creepy and your neck is sore for a few days afterward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

any chance you might be willing to share the recipe? These look de-lish! :)

Rama Herbal said...

thank you for the information, interesting post. I hope this content can be benefits for anyone. obat untuk menurunkan kolesterol