Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Day +321

WBC 4.4 k/ul
RBC 4.28 M/UL
HGB 13.5 g/dL
PLT 375 k/ul
ANC 3.1 k/ul

Depending on whose scale you're using my numbers look pretty normal. The white blood cell count is just shy of absolutely normal according to the scale my local hematologist goes by, but as he would say, I'm so close to it that I may as well be normal. I'm enormously happy to see my ANC is well above 1 k/ul. Being neutropenic after so many months of not having to worry about it really set my teeth on edge. Dr. Bienvenu also went on to tell me that I should get a plaque or gold star for being the best looking transplant patient he's ever seen. Considering what he sees on a daily basis that's high praise, indeed.

I'm posting some pictures from our last trip to Houston that I never got around to putting up. While looking at them the other day, I realized how much my body has changed over the course of this last year. I weigh 15 pounds less than I did before I was diagnosed and yet I look 2 sizes bigger than I am. I'm going to attribute it to loss of muscle mass. It's something I'm working on. Amazingly, it takes forever to recoup what you've lost, but so little time to lose it to begin with.

The GvHD/eczema continues to plague me and the folliculitus is starting to spread a little further on all of my limbs. It's too early to say anything about the paronychea, but I'm assuming that it hasn't gotten worse.

Chris is going to get his stitches taken out today, so I'll have to wrap this up. Just wanted to share the good news.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your recovery is nothing short of amazing. You look wonderful!!!

YWCA Pasadena-Foothill Valley said...

Fabulous numbers!

You look adorable in your pixie cut. When my hair grows out a little bit more, I'm going to bring your picture in to my stylist and say, "I want to look like this."

susan carrier said...

OOPS! I signed in under the wrong account.

pj said...

Great numbers, Ann. and you do look great. Keep it up!

Tina said...

you look so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Ann, I just read your story. My mom is has AML and is awaiting a BMT. Your message is inspiring. Continue the great health, Nicole

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/welovebev

Anonymous said...

I love your hair short. Also see that you're at Ikea. They have the cutest napkins!
Carilou

Tina said...

and don't forget swedish meatballs! (says the veggie)