Thursday, June 19, 2014

Getting Closer

I finally got the call this week. Radiation preparation begins tomorrow and will run through the following Thursday. If all goes well, radiation and chemotherapy will begin on 6/30. I'm ready to get this over with and behind me.

The last few weeks since surgery have been a challenge. I'm learning my limits since the muscle in my neck was removed. I'm hopeful that physical therapy will help with some of the function that I've lost.

In the meantime, my wonderful friends at work have put together a fundraiser to help with my medical costs as I tackle cancer for the fifth time. Here's the flier explaining the event and raffle.


4 comments:

LPC said...

I am so glad your friends are rallying in your support. Crossing my fingers for an easy radiation/chemo phase, with the most possible impact.

Joanne said...

Wishing you the very best in the coming weeks for this next phase in your treatment. You will be in my thoughts daily x

Katherine C. James said...

You are so loved by so many people, including your work family. I'm glad they are helping you and Chris get through this monetarily. I hate that you two have to worry about money when you have so much else to think about. Wishing you successful radiation and chemotherapy. Sending you support and love. K.

susiegb said...

Wishing you all the luck in the world and hope this will pass to fade into the background of many happy and healthy years ahead of you ... :)