Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A tiny update

Tomorrow is the last day of class for me for the semester. I got an email from one of my professors yesterday with a breakdown of my grades and a note. I'm one of only 4 people in the class with an A average, so I don't have to take the final. It's my law class and the news makes me supremely happy since the final is made up of 200 questions spanning topics covered over the entire semester.

As for my other class, I'm a bit concerned since I didn't do so well on the last test. A few of these classes have been cancelled over the last month which has meant cramming twice the material in when we do have class. It's a lot of higher math and my poor chemo addled brain isn't keeping up. I need to get at least a C in the class in order to move to the next section of the same topic next semester. If I don't, I'll fall behind a semester and graduation will get put off.

I've been out of the game for 4 years, so you might imagine my anxiety at having to repeat a class that I had to drop last semester due to health issues. I'd rather eat dirt. My final isn't until May 13, so I plan on spending my days studying, which is why it will be unlikely to read anything further on the blog until after that date.

As for my health, I feel great. I'm back on the treadmill and clothes are fitting a little better as the steroid swelling slowly recedes. I still have close to 30 pounds to lose and it is slowly happening.

8 comments:

lisa adams said...

Congrats on skipping that final and being able to transfer that time to studying for the other. You're working so much harder to get it done, I am sending you wishes for focus and retention! :) xoxo

Ronni Gordon said...

Congratulations on the A and on feeling great! Hope the other grade comes in where you need it to be. Hey, please don't eat dirt. This backtracking on things that used to come more easily is incredibly frustrating, but at least it's not medical.

PJ said...

I can imagine the anxiety about your grade. I think you'll shock yourself and get at6 least a B.

stinkerbelle said...

I am so proud of you! Congrats on the A and I know you will do well in the other class, I have a feeling you're being hard on yourself. You'll do fine! Thank God for normalcy once again!

Betsy said...

Ann, I'm so glad to hear you're doing great health wise. That's just awesome!!! I'm sure you'll do just fine on your final. At least you can focus all your efforts on that one test now that you've aced the other class. Keep up the great work!!!!

lbw said...

i'm very inspired by your return to uni! Your survival inspires me!

Nancy said...

Congrat on the "A"!!! Awesome Job. I have no doubt that you'll do fine in the other class and move on as scheduled next semester!!! Study Hard and Good Luck, not that you'll need it. Love Ya!

Atlanta cosmetic surgery said...

It is great news that you are doing better and exercising ans trying t fall back on the normal life.It is much needed to be happy and casual about life...you enjoy come what may.But do not neglect your medical checkups too.