Monday, August 3, 2009

sore throat brewing

Chris wasn't feeling very well last night and didn't get enough sleep because he was throwing up off and on. He decided that it was something he ate and elected to go to work today. Sometime around noon, he texted me to let me know that he thought he was definitely coming down with something. There's a little "tickle" in his throat and he complained of feeling run down and achy.

His primary concern is that I don't catch it. I warned him that I'd catch something sooner or later and that I may as well get it over with. Truth be known, I'd rather start showing symptoms sooner rather than later since I'll be seeing my local hematologist on Wednesday. I plan on asking for a throat culture and possibly a nasal wash just to be on the safe side. If something is brewing, then I want to be one step ahead.

I'm feeling a little tired, but that could be because I didn't get enough sleep last night and ended up awake and moving before 6. Akiko is back and she is in rare form. She's been zipping around the house, barking--yes, she barks, and squeaking at the top of her range. Etsuko is a nervous wreck and has been hiding under the bed since she gets pounced on everytime she comes out to explore. My fingers are crossed that Akiko starts to calm down as she gets older. I only hope that Sookie and I can survive with our nerves intact until then. If you haven't guessed, I'm her second favorite moving target behind Etsuko.

I have a dentist's appointment scheduled for tomorrow. While flossing Saturday, I partially pulled out an old filling. It didn't come completely out, so I gingerly pushed it back into place and figuratively held my breath all weekend. This will be the first time in 3 years that I've been in the dentist's chair. I still have that broken molar to be fixed which will probably mean 2 crowns. Woohoo!


Denise said...

The cookies look delicious!

Enjoyed your blog!

Another cancer survivor

Daria said...

Take care of that throat girl ...