Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dori

Most of my regular readers will probably know that Dori Brown was stolen by cancer this week. I say stolen because I still believe cancer is the worst kind of thief, indiscriminate and indifferent to its victims and their families.

If you haven't read her story, you can find it here and here.

The first thing you might notice when you go to either site is her unbelievably bright smile, or maybe you'll notice the warmth in her eyes. I was lucky enough to meet Dori in April and I can honestly say her pictures don't do her justice. She was so much more vibrant in person. For lack of a more poetic description, she was just so Dori.

I've wanted to write something to honor her since I learned the horrible news, but my heart has been filled with tacks and the words refuse to come.

Dori was an infinitely gorgeous soul who touched every single person she came into contact with. I came to love her through her sweet husband's beautiful writing and meeting her in person only served to solidify my belief that she was one of those very unique individuals who instantly inspires love.

My heart hurts for Jim and their beautiful children, and I wish I could write something more fitting, but I just don't have the words.

3 comments:

PJ said...

Beautifully said, Ann.

Jim said...

Ann, Dori loved you and Chris. Your recent visit with her was amazing, and I'll never forget our phone conversation as Kathryn and I drove to Houston, missing you by hours. We're with you both, and always a shout away. Much, much love. Jim

Ronni Gordon said...

It doesn't take many words to go a long way. You said all there needs to be said, and you did it beautifully.