Friday, April 1, 2011

Unintended absence

I've been buried under a load of schoolwork and have had 3 tests in the last 2 weeks. It's been brutal. As far as my health is concerned, all is well. I had a check-up with my local oncologist today and he gave me a clean bill of health. My chemistries are normal. My platelets are over 400 and my white blood cell count was 9.5 k/ul. That's the high end of normal. My weight is the same as it was at my last check-up 4 weeks ago, which means that I've lost the 2 pounds I gained right before my last MDA visit. I know that's a little confusing and I apologize.

Dr. B feels that the weight will come off quickly once I hit my stride. I reminded him that it took a year to lose 24 pounds last time. We'll see.

That's all I have to report for now.

4 comments:

lisa adams said...

I loved hearing the good news yesterday. i wish school weren't so draining for you right now but I guess these are the things you longed for?! :) Sending you and Chris hugs each and every day.

Ronni Gordon said...

Glad you're OK. Congrats on the weight loss. I am trying to lose some of my prednisone weight and have actually managed to drop a few pounds. It's funny how even a pound or two feels different.

With a 71 at my last visit, I continue to have platelet envy!

PJ said...

I figured you were very busy with school. Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

Nancy said...

All Good News. Thanks Ann for keeping us up-to-date with you.

Like Ronnie, I have platelet envy, too. Mine never broke 100 since my transplant nearly 5 years ago. Doc says it might be my new norm... and I'm okay with that.

love ya, nancy