Monday, August 23, 2010

Another first

I have survived my first day of classes and am stealing a few moments to update the blog. It's just as I remembered it, except the familiar faces from what would have been my graduating class have been replaced with a whole new cast of characters. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had two classes with two professors from my last semester at LSU. One of them greeted me by name as he handed me a syllabus. It was a lovely, normal moment.

I have two classes tomorrow and if they're at all like the three that I had today, I know that I will have a tremendous amount of reading ahead of me. I've already had to speak to two of my instructors regarding schedule conflicts. It seems that my two year MDA check-up coincides with an exam and an ethics paper. It will all work out, so I'm not going to waste time worrying about it.

Now, if you all will excuse me, I have a few books to crack.

2 comments:

Susan C said...

How exciting! Glad things went well on your first day.

Tina said...

wow. what a day for reveling in the normal. i love it!!