I had a late afternoon appointment with my oncologist for a little routine maintenance. By maintenance I mean he was doing my monthly bloodwork. All is well and my numbers are good. I am a little disappointed by my liver enzymes, though. They're just a little elevated over last month. I'm coming to believe that this may be my new normal and that I have low level GvHD of the liver. I have a visit scheduled with MDA next month, so we'll see.
The numbers:
WBC: 7.0 k/ul
RBC: 3.74 M/UL
HGB: 11.8 g/dl
PLT: 285 k/ul
ALC: 1.2 k/ul
ANC: 5.2 k/ul
AEC: 0.5 k/ul
Alk phos: 138 iu/L
AST/SGOT: 60 iu/L
ALT/SGPT 130 iu/L
These days, seeing Dr. B. feels more like a social call than a doctor's appointment. With numbers like these, I'm not complaining and I love his staff, so it's a little treat for me.
3 comments:
Great counts. Especially love those platelets. I'm having the same issue with the elevated liver enzymes, hence the higher prednisone. Sigh
Love those counts! Keep it up. And I love our "Scrabble with Friends" games. You are a great competitor! Plus, it's a good diversion from our daily annoyances! love ya, nance
Well...if cancer wasn't going to affect your liver, the college drinking would have. Let's take all this as good news.
-Caroline
Post a Comment