Wednesday, May 12, 2010

...

It feels like I just posted, but then I checked the date and realized that I'm overdue. All is well in the Gregory household. I'm still dealing with skin GvHD. The rashes are a little more prominent across my face, but seem to be concentrated most intensely on and around my nose. There are still large plaques of GvHD on my arms, mostly concentrated in the few inches above and below my elbows.

Since writing about them a few weeks ago, I've since learned that the reverse-freckles are a new take on GvHD. The light spots start to dry out and peel much like the tiny blisters I'm also afflicted with. I'm learning that it also takes less sun exposure to kick off another attack. I was outside, bare-faced, for less than five minutes before this latest episode. I now wear a dedicated sunscreen on my face in addition to the other two products containing sunscreen whether I intend to leave the house or not.

There have been no takers for the sago pups, so Chris is going to take them out this weekend. Three of the little buggers are showing signs of blooming again. We're making plans to put in a vegetable garden, which should keep us busy for the next little bit. Considering we are both so analytical, expect us to be in the planning stage for a bit while we hash out what will go in the actual garden.

3 comments:

Ronni Gordon said...

Every time I get a tiny bit of sun, the tip of my nose turns red and blistery, and other mystery spots on my face get darker. I never got diagnosed with skin GVHD (just in my gut), but I can understand how the sun wreaks havoc. Very frustrating. Glad you have some good cream. And good luck with the garden. Pls come here when you're done and work on mine!

Susan C said...

I'll look forward to reading about the garden's progress.

PJ said...

I had that reverse freckle thing on my legs post-transplant. The doctors said it was from the radiation. Yours must be from sun radiation. Maybe you need to wear a mask outside.