Friday, December 18, 2009

Bed head

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of getting my hair cut and running into a friend that I hadn't seen in over a year. My friend and stylist, Lydia was able to work her magic to help hide the fact that my hair is so thin thanks to all of the treatment. She is an absolute treat to be around and makes the world a better place just by being herself. Those that know her, know exactly what I'm talking about.

Laura, Lydia's daughter, was also at the salon and surprised me with a hug and a smile as I walked through the door. I haven't seen her in over a year and I love her to pieces. We used to work together before I was diagnosed and there wasn't a day that went by that she didn't have me laughing at one thing or another. Both Lydia and Laura have a rare gift for making everyone comfortable while being the life of the party.

I promised friends that I would post pictures of the new do, so here they are:




I should have taken the picture yesterday, after Lydia had styled it. She had it in a very edgy, tousled do that I loved. Sadly, I wasn't able to emulate her ability. I'll work on it. I love it, nonetheless.
























These are for my friend, Lisa who tweeted something about bedhead. This is literally seconds after I woke up this morning. Normally, my morning hair defies physics and those who have had the pleasure of seeing it will assure you that I'm not exaggerating. For some perverse reason, the bedhead wasn't bad this morning. Lisa, I hope this makes you smile.

11 comments:

Lisa Adams said...

Ha ha!! I am smiling AND laughing... Thanks for both! I *love* the cut... from one short-haired girl to another: you are beautiful!

Susan C said...

I also love the cut! Very chic and very beautiful.

I know what you mean about duplicating the style. I always buy the same products that my stylist uses. A heck of a lot of good it does me. I usually end up using too much and quickly deteriorate from edgy to slimy.

Jim said...

Snazzy 'doo' and looks like the bedhead we all have!

Ronni Gordon said...

It looks very chic! This has been on my mind too and I've been thinking of making an appointment.

Naturallybeautiful said...

Everyone who are facing baldness problems, visit this page
http://www.lasscosmetics.com/ Here you'll find natural cosmetics made purely with Indian herbs. I have tried and using natural products since last six months. I am extremely satisfied with the result. Try this for once!

PJ said...

Ann, you look wonderful. I myself can't wait to have bed head.I need a little more hair for that.

Els Manning said...

You are a beautiful lady. You write so beautiful. And i am so in love with your pictures of you kitties.
I am located in Utah, and we are COLD!
Kind of stumbled on your blog, and got soo involved reading it.
Keep it up. You have alot to offer to people. And you have an amazing spirit. Wishing you a full recovery, and an amazing Christmas, and a very healthy new year... els

Joy said...

Ann, I just stumbled on your blog (when I hit 'next blog'). I am sitting here smiling in awe of someone being so positive during such a struggle. I wish you the very best. Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

I concur with everyone, Ann. But the thing I noticed more than anything? Take a look at the photo you posted of your 'hair' and then take a look at the ID photo on the header page of your blog. You are the picture of health! If I dare say, you are even more beautiful than you were B4"C" All I can say is WOW. You glow from the inside out and that's saying something. Happy 2010!

Wen Ü

Anonymous said...

Well I had the SAME thing- even being on Prednisone up to 120 MG over the past two years. When I swiched off the tac onto the siolimus things changed quite a bit. The Tac/FK 506 is said to have 25% of people BALD and a huge side effect is super thin and fine hair.

After two years, my hari is still fine but a huge improvement from a year ago.

I remember thinking I was vain to even think about my thin hair when I should be grateful to be alive. We are human and signs of growth (hair and all) help us feel healthy and normal (whatever that is).

To me, you look great and I am sure others think the same. But I know what it is like to know that things are not the same and another reminder of the hell we have endured.

You are GORGEOUS. You really are and your hair cut is pretty funky and cool!
May all of your 2010 dreams come true-
Lea

Daria said...

I think it looks great ... you have a beautiful face and should show it off by keeping your hair real short ... my opinion only.