1/31/07 Day 21
We had a day off from the hospital today. It was nice to be able to sleep a little later. The day started out fine, but by midmorning, I started getting nauseated. I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to keep food down. I'm feeling much better right now. Chris ran errands and picked up some essentials. We've figured out that gatorade helps with the nausea. Keep your fingers crossed. :)
We have a big day tomorrow. I have blood work at 7 AM and a bone marrow aspiration at 7:30 AM. Hopefully, the results will come in on time. I reveiew with my leukemia doctor around 11:40. They found a single blast cell in my blood the other day, so I'm hoping tomorrow's results are a bit more positive. I'm in the best hands possible, so all should be well.
On another note, I am surprised at how much I look like my brother now that my head is shaved. It's strange to see your head naked. I'm glad that I didn't go for the wig, but I must admit that before my hair fell out, you could see people looking really hard at it to discern whether it was mine. There is a Tina Turneresque wig in the beauty shop that is tempting, I will admit. It's blonde and really layered and looks a little like a bird expired landing in the middle of it. We'll see.
I'm doing well. I won't say don't worry, but I will say that I love you all and that I plan on breaking out just a soon as the doctor says it's ok. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment