
Let me start off by telling you about Ann.
I met Ann in 1995 on a cold October night in a college bar in Baton Rouge near the Louisiana State University campus. She was the most beautiful, and engaging woman that I had ever met and, I literally made a fool out of myself to get her attention. It was the single best thing that I have ever done in my entire life.
We have been together for the past 13 years and they had been the best years I could ever imagine. She is at once my best friend, confidant, partner in crime, worst critic, biggest fan and lover. She is poised, charming and stylish, and has a wicked girlish wit that compliments her intelligence perfectly.
Ann is 32 years old and of Asian-Caucasian descent. Her Father (Thomas), who died of cancer several years ago, meet her Vietnamese-Chinese Mother (Phung) while serving in Vietnam. She is an Army brat and was born in Thailand before her Father returned to the US. Where they eventually settled in Slidell Louisiana and her Father got a job working for NASA.
She began college in Baton Rouge at LSU as a Pre-Med. However, family troubles and her Father's fight with multiple cancers lead her to switch to English. However, she was never challenged by English and was always searching for something else. She found it two years ago when she discovered Construction Management. She was proving that she could not only succeed in what was traditionally a male dominated curriculum, but excel at it.
She was a manager first at Eddie Bauer and then at Harold's in Baton Rouge. Many of our dearest friends became so only because they were won over by Ann's considerable kindness and charms when they worked with her.
We do not have children. But where beginning to discuss our future family with more frequency and detail. She wanted a Boy and had decided on the name "Thomas" after her Father.
What else can I say about her except that she is the most important person in the world to me. Simply saying "I love her" doesn't cover the depth of emotion I feel for her. I can easily imagine a world without me, but not one without Ann. She is a constant, and immutable part of the universe for me. I need her like air.
The last thing I need to tell you about Ann is that she has cancer. Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia B-Cell t(4;11)+ to be precise.
No comments:
Post a Comment